Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oops I TRI'D It Again....



* UNFLATTERING PICTURES OF KAREN POSTED BELOW!*

HA!

(There's nothing pretty/fashionable about starting a triathlon at 7a.m.!!)

Back in August, I completed the TriGirl Sprint Triathlon (my second tri) with my dear friend Yolanda.

Heading in to the water for my wave start (I'm the one in the middle)...




I suppose I'm pretty happy with my results. I finished in the top part of the bottom half of my age group (did ya follow that?!) and didn't stop through any leg. The race consisted of a 300m swim in Lake Houston (I did really well on that leg), an 11 mile bike ride (pretty decent...though I was convinced my tire was going flat the whole time...it wasn't), and a 5K (good grief! I'm such a slow runner...but I DIDN'T WALK!).

On the bike, waving at Scott and the girls...


Yolanda, in her first tri, did awesome too! It was so fun to have a friend there with me and I'm extremely proud of all her hard work and success. I couldn 't ask for a better training partner...we work really well together and are already training for next season!

Me & Yolanda after the race - TRI BABES ROCK!



Nice booty shot of me heading to the finish...


Me and my future TRI GIRLS! I'm most proud of the fact that my girls saw their Mommy do something so rockin'!


No comments: