Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bowling, Anyone?

We took the girls bowling one recent rainy Saturday afternoon.

Who knew bowling with a toddler and pre-schooler could be so much fun? It was Emerson's second time, Kirby's first time, and the first in a long, long time for me and Scott. Of course, we bowled with the gutter bumpers up (something Mommy took EVERY advantage of!). It was so cute to see how encouraging the girls were of each other. We really had such a great time!

Emerson proved to be quite the little bowler. She has a wicked "wind-up" (which I'm not quite sure is proper bowling technique) and gets the ball down the lane swiftly. She's also got a nice little victory dance going on as well. The amazing (sad?) thing is, she almost beat me!

Kirby did great too. She needed a little help with the roll, but picked up the concept pretty fast. I think she was most excited though about the ball coming up from the ball return! It was like a little surprise bursting out each time!


Emerson and I, of course, rocked the latest in bowling shoe fashion.


2 comments:

Lisa Henley Jones said...

I really really want to take the kids bowling. Especially since the big 2 are so good at Wii bowling. Its nice to know it can be done with a 2 year old in tow.
Oh, and your shoes look fabulous!

Shelly Kelly said...

Bryan took the girls bowling a few weeks ago while I hosted a bridal shower at our house. He said they had a blast, but I missed it.

You and the girls look so cute!