Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good Eats!

After the zoo, we took the girls to Kim Son downtown for an early dinner. Cultured kids, huh? They've been before and really enjoy the Vietnamese eggrolls and rice. The waiters are always so friendly and gracious with the kids. Kim Son is one of my favorite Houston restaurants and one of my old haunts. I remember eating in the original building back in college, before this new one was built. It was also a regular stop of mine and Scott's back when we were dating...oh how I never wanted those lunches to end! Being a stay-at-home mom, you really start to miss "lunch"...the ones in a restaurant, with nice clothes on and an adult or two sitting across from you, eating good food...prepared and served by others.

It did me good to have an order of shrimp and pork spring rolls and a big bowl of lemongrass beef vermicelli with fish sauce. Kim Son, Van Loc, Mo Mongs....I MISS YOU!

2 comments:

awinebright said...

Mmmm, I miss them too!

awinebright said...

Mmmm, I miss them too!