Monday, August 25, 2008

Houston, We Have a Kindergartener!

My how time flies! It feels like only yesterday we were oohing and aahing over our sweet little baby girl. Now, she's almost 6 years old and in Kindergarten!

The morning went smoothly, and though Emerson was excited for school, I could sense she was a bit apprehensive of her new surroundings. We had our orientation last week, and were able to check out her new classroom and meet her teacher. It's a pretty fancy room with lots of "equipment" that none of my classrooms ever had, and her teacher seems very nice. I'm sure she's going to transition nicely and have a fun time. There are only 3 kindergarten classes and we know 4 other little girls and 2 little boys, so she has lots of familiar faces around her. It's also nice that we live close enough to the school to be able to walk with our neighbors.

Believe it or not, I didn't cry when we dropped her off! However, our church had it's annual Back to School Prayer Service this morning and I bawled like a baby during personal prayer time at the altar railing. I'm really not that sad...it's just a life transition, I suppose. I'm eager to go pick her up and hear all about her day. Knowing my Emerson, our walk home will give me an earful and will be filled with a million famous Emerson "Guess What" statements. Man, I love that girl!

1 comment:

Lisa Henley Jones said...

I'm betting that she had a great day! Can you believe our girls are getting so big?